Earlier on Thursday, we reported on claims from the Manchester Evening News that focus now seems to be turning towards outgoings at the club before further additions to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad can be expected.
After sealing the transfer of Raphael Varane, it’s claimed by transfer insider Dean Jones that Manchester United are now set to prioritise the transfer of Ruben Neves over the next weeks.
Neves has been linked to the club over the summer and Wolves are said to be open to listening to offers for their Portuguese midfield star, with new manager Bruno Lage potentially looking to overhaul his squad.
A move for the former Porto star is also said to have progressed behind the scenes, despite reports of an approach from Manchester United being non-existent from other outlets.
“It’s hard for me to assess that one. So I’d say because of the information I’ve had, and it all depends on your sources, I know for a fact that they do like Neves, that they’ve been working on it in the background and it’s reasonably far down the line,” Jones is quoted as telling The Football Terrace, via Sports Mole.
The 24-year-old has three years remaining on his contract at Molineux and has played a key role in their rise from the Championship, having been promoted to the Premier League in 2018.