Menu

Fabrizio Romano gives positive update on Man Utd’s Varane chase

Raphael Varane seems to be the next target for Manchester United after nearly completing a deal to sign Jadon Sancho. The 21-year-old winger completed a medical at Carrington earlier on Tuesday and is set to be formally announced this week.

Now, attention seems to be turning towards securing defensive reinforcements for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Varane, who nearly joined the club in 2011, has just one year remaining on his contract and new reports have emerged with positive news.

Journalist and transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano has offered an update on the situation and claims that Manchester United and Real Madrid are ‘back in direct contact’ for the transfer of Varane.

Romano says that talks over personal terms with Varane are not expected to be an issue and that the Old Trafford club has confirmed their intention to bring him to the club.

An official bid has, however, not been sent to the Spanish club. Romano went on to say, via his Twitch channel, that Manchester United are ‘seriously working’ on a deal to bring Varane to the club. Furthermore, he claims that the club will learn more about the details in the ‘coming days’ as they prepare to lodge an official bid.

Read more: Paul Pogba nominated for Euro 2020 prize

More Stories Fabrizio Romano Manchester United Raphael Varane Real Madrid

One response to “Fabrizio Romano gives positive update on Man Utd’s Varane chase”

  1. Domnic ouno says:

    Raphael varane is a good player and I personally would love to see him playing along Harry Magure,,,come on Varane it’s your turn to play in England and this can truly brings quality and the depth of winning trophies at Manchester utd Welcome Home👌👌👌