Menu

Solskjaer responds to claims he told Man Utd players he’s nearing the sack

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer responded to claims he could face the sack at Man Utd ahead of some tough fixtures, at this morning’s press conference.

The Red Devils are at home to Tottenham on Wednesday night before a trip to arch-rivals Man City this Saturday — and our form of late has been atrocious, so we’re going into both games as underdogs.

That said, we still look forward to the bigger games. It’s the games you should fancy United to win that we mostly struggle with.

Solskjaer remains upbeat about United’s chances and believes his job is not in danger amid speculation the club will fire him knowing Mauricio Pochettino is now available after being fired and replaced by José Mourinho at Spurs.

READ MORE: Man Utd injury update vs Tottenham: Pogba, McTominay, Matic

A report appeared in The Sun today by Neil Custis and Richard Moriarty claiming Solskjaer told his players he WILL be sacked if they lose to Spurs and Man City. It also hints that Pochettino would be in line to take the job if the Norwegian is axed.

Solskjaer has been quoted by Kevin Palmer as slamming these reports as “blatant lies” ahead of Wednesday’s must win game which sees Mourinho return to Old Trafford for the first time as manager since being sacked by United around this time last year.

These reports don’t help the manager in any way, but surely he knows it’s to be expected when United are in such poor form. United had a chance to move closer to the Champions League places this weekend when they faced Aston Villa — knowing Chelsea were beaten 1-0 on Saturday at home to West Ham.

Still, the players continued to underperform and United ended up drawing with Villa.

We have wasted too many opportunities and it looks like things will get worse before they get better.

More Stories Man Utd Manchester United Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Comments are closed.