Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is ‘sure’ Paul Pogba will score a penalty for the Reds again after the Frenchman’s miss against Wolves on Monday.
Pogba controversially took the spot-kick at Molineux, causing many fans to question why Marcus Rashford was not given the responsibility.
Rashford has not yet missed a first-team penalty for United, and fired home against Chelsea in the opening league game of the season.
But Solskjaer has said in his press conference on Friday morning that both Pogba and Rashford are still the penalty-takers, despite reports of Pogba being relieved from the duty.
“I’m sure you’re going to see Paul Pogba score a pen for Manchester United again, we’re practising penalties still and Marcus and Paul are still on them,” the United manager said as quoted by the Telegraph.
“Don’t be surprised if Marcus or Paul scores the next one, so absolutely no fighting amongst them. We are disappointed we didn’t win the game, but the talk is more difficult when you don’t get a result.”
The Sun had reported yesterday that Solskjaer announced that Pogba had been taken off penalty duties, but it looks like the Norwegian still considers the Frenchman as an option this season.
However, surely Pogba won’t step up if the Reds are awarded a pen against Crystal Palace in Saturday’s game at Old Trafford.
We expect Marcus Rashford to be number one penalty taker when he is on the pitch, and perhaps Pogba will take them when the 21-year-old is not playing.