The biggest and most interesting Manchester United related headlines doing the rounds this morning.
– A number of sources – although we’ll give the credit to Gianluca Di Marzio for being incredibly consistent throughout – are going with the Matteo Darmian line that the Italian international’s transfer to United will be announced Thursday with a medical scheduled for Friday.
Darmian will become the club’s second signing of the summer after Memphis Depay joined from PSV Eindhoven. Who next you are probably all wondering?
– Goal.com are leading with comments from Mats Hummels, a saga that seemingly had potential before the transfer window really opened.
The German international is committing his foreseeable future to Borussia Dortmund.
– According to the Mirror, United are confident of landing Morgan Schneiderlin before jetting off to America on Monday. This came hours after the Daily Mail published a piece on United and Southampton re-opening talks for the French midfielder.
– United Rant run a piece on United building from the back but not affording to neglect the need for attacking options also.
– Nothing new but a column we’ve covered on a potential Manchester United Woman’s team is gaining some momentum. Read here.
– At Stretty News we tend to steer clear of the private lives footballers live but this morning a quick congratulates is owed to Wayne Rooney and his wife Coleen as both are now happily expecting the birth of a third child. ESPN report.