Kickoff.co.uk return to the club scene after the international break. Manchester United host Aston Villa, so here’s a statistic round-up ahead of the game.
1. Manchester United have won their last four Premier League games and their last four at Old Trafford with the last two on home turf seeing them keep clean sheets (against Sunderland and Spurs).
2. In their last 20 home games against teams positioned below them in the table, Manchester United have won 18, drawn 1 and lost 1 of these matches.
3. Manchester United have 31 Premier League wins against Aston Villa, the joint-most of any team against any opponent in the history of the competition (along with Man Utd v Everton).
4. Aston Villa have won just once at Old Trafford in the Premier League, coming in December 2009 with Gabby Agbonlahor netting the only goal during a 1-0 Red Devils loss.
5. Seven of the last nine of these Premier League fixtures have seen over 2.5 goals being scored.
6. Wayne Rooney has scored 12 goals against Aston Villa, his joint-highest tally against any opponent in the Premier League along with Newcastle.
7. Rooney has scored 95 goals at Old Trafford, only Alan Shearer with 97 at St James Park (two for Blackburn) and Thierry Henry with 114 at Highbury have scored more goals on one single ground in Premier League history.
8. In their last 20 home matches, Manchester United have scored 2.2 goals per game and conceded 0.8 goals per game on average.
9. In their last 20 home games, 25 of the 42 goals scored by Manchester United have come from forwards, 13 from midfielders and 3 from defenders.
10. Aston Villa are the only side in the Premier League this season yet to see a substitute score or assist a single one of their goals.