Christian Eriksen wins Manchester United prize after impressive start

Christian Eriksen has been acknowledged for his fine performances at the club, with the Dane winning the Player of the Month award for September.

The 30-year-old is off to a flying start at Manchester United and has immediately become a permanent fixture in Erik ten Hag’s side, forming an unlikely partnership with Scott McTominay in midfield.

Eriksen was at the centre of several stellar performances in September as United claimed two victories from as many games as well as a comfortable 2-0 win against FC Sheriff in the Europa League.

The former Inter midfielder was involved in all three goals in the 3-1 win over Arsenal and assisted Jadon Sancho’s opener in Moldova, efforts that have helped him towards securing the second Player of the Month prize of the season.

Read more: Raphael Varane explains why he’s happy amid remarkable return to form

As confirmed on the official Manchester United website, Eriksen amassed a whopping 62% of the vote, with Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho sharing the remaining 38%.

Eriksen’s fine form continued into the international break as he scored a brilliant goal late on but it was not enough to salvage a point for Denmark.

SN’s verdict…
It’s quite telling that both of the winners of this prize this season have been new signings. Lisandro Martinez deserved it last month and Eriksen thoroughly deserves it this time around.

He has already become integral to the way Erik ten Hag wants his team to play and the Dutchman will now be hoping for Eriksen to stay injury free.

More Stories Christian Eriksen Erik ten Hag Manchester United Premier League