Menu

Bruno Fernandes reacts to first full pre-season holiday for five years

Although it’s not a ‘real’ pre-season due to COVID-19 regulations, Bruno Fernandes is part of preparations at Manchester United for the first time after joining the club in 2020.

Last year, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his team were restricted to just one week of pre-season due to their involvement in the Europa League but they have been given better circumstances this time around.

Fernandes, by his own admission, has not had a full rest for five years and has enjoyed returning to training with his teammates after Euro 2020.

“Yes, I’m fresh and happy to be back, seeing my teammates again, training again, it’s always a good thing,” Fernandes told the official Manchester United website.

The 2020/21 season was effectively two seasons built into one, with the start of the campaign in 2020 coming just two weeks after Manchester United were eliminated from the Europa League by Sevilla. Fernandes, who played in that game, also started the season in the curtain-raiser against Crystal Palace.

Read more: Solskjaer given boost as new £43m signing set to be available v Leeds

“It was nice (to be on holiday), finally a long break after the season,” he said.

“It was a long time, I think five years maybe since my last full break. Honestly, it was good to be with family and friends and enjoy time with my kids, because when we are playing, the time we spend at home is less than what we spend at the training ground!”

Fernandes was in attendance for United’s 2-2 draw with Brentford last week and was presumably planning to feature in the cancelled fixture against Preston last week. Instead, the 26-year-old is likely to feature against Everton on Saturday.

More Stories Bruno Fernandes Manchester United Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Comments are closed.