Menu

“No serious negotiations” – Man Utd’s move for Sancho not as close as first thought

Conflicting reports surrounding Manchester United’s pursuit of Jadon Sancho are doing the rounds on social media and the latest claims that there have been no serious negotiations between the two clubs over a move.

Sancho was close to joining the club last year but Dortmund refused to budge on their €120m valuation of the player, resulting in Manchester United walking away from the deal.

But now, with some reports claiming that a deal is close, Kevin Palmer of the Sunday World has revealed that sources have told them that no serious negotiations have taken place between the two clubs.

The journalist does, however, confirm that two offers have been made for Jadon Sancho but that both were made without extensive talks with Borussia Dortmund.

The news will come as a surprise to Manchester United fans, who have been led to believe that an agreement for the transfer of the former Manchester City winger is close.

Palmer also claims that both sides expect to come to an agreement at some point, but that the structure of a potential payment is crucial.

Read more: Jesse Lingard gives hint of demands to keep up goalscoring form at Man Utd

More Stories bvb Jadon Sancho Manchester United

2 responses to ““No serious negotiations” – Man Utd’s move for Sancho not as close as first thought”

  1. Slim says:

    How United submit a bid without negotiations?? I don’t believe this report one bit

  2. Matt says:

    What’s the odds of us f@#ing it up again ?