Win a signed Keith Gillespie autobiography, plus a ’94 Campo Retro Manchester United home shirt by simply subscribing to Stretty News TV and answering the following question based on Jonathan Shrager’s (@JonathanShrager) in-depth interview with the former Manchester United winger.
How much did Sir Alex Ferguson offer Newcastle to prise Keith back to United in the summer of 95?
Email your answer to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Keith Gillespie competition’. In the message area, please contain your name, address for delivery, and Twitter handle.
During the interview, conducted in Hotel Football’s Salford Suite with a familiar backdrop, Jonathan delves into Keith’s time at Manchester United from 1993-1995. Topics broached include;
– Playing for the 1992 FA Youth Cup winning side alongside his fellow Class of ’92 members
– The comparisons to George Best
– Being a footballer for Manchester United during a golden era for the club, football generally and the city of Manchester
– His transfer to Newcastle, and Sir Alex’s subsequent efforts to prise him back to United
– The contentious 95-96 season
– His highly-acclaimed autobiography
– The best XI alongside whom he’s played
– His opinions of fellow right wingers currently plying their trade at Old Trafford, his fellow United forwards during that era (Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer, Sheringham, RvN et al,) the influence of Sir Alex Ferguson, and much more. Subscribe.
The Gillespie sit-down is one of an ongoing series of interviews with ex-players conducted by our resident interviewer Jonathan Shrager, who prides himself on getting to the heart of his subjects, and consequently gaining insights into the essence of our beloved club Manchester United.
You can find the rest here including alumni Andy Ritchie (1977-80) Scott McGarvey (1980-84) Danny Webber (1999-2003) and Daniel Nardiello (1999-2004).