No surprises as Bruno Fernandes deservedly features in the FIFA 21 Team of the Year.
EA SPORTS has announced the FIFA 21 TOTY (Team of the Year) and it’s the first time since Ultimate Team’s inception in FIFA 09 that Lionel Messi misses out on a spot in the elite XI.
The Barcelona star’s future is up in the air, which comes with an end to their dominate spell in La Liga.
Premier League champions Liverpool occupy most of the back-four, with Trent Alexander-Arnold at right-back and Virgil van Dijk at centre-back. Both are joined by Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos and Bayern Munich’s Alphonso Davies.
Following their triumphant Champions League campiagn, Bayern also have Manuel Neuer and Joshua Kimmich in the side.
Fernandes is joined by Man City’s creative force Kevin De Bruyne in midfield — along with an incredible front three of Kylian Mbappe, Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski.
The full FIFA 21 TOTY as follows:
The marksmen who make every strike unstoppable. 🎯
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) January 22, 2021
- GK: Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern)
- RB: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- CB: Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
- CB: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
- LB: Alphonso Davies (FC Bayern)
- CM: Joshua Kimmich (FC Bayern)
- CM: Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City)
- CM: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- RW: Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)
- LW: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
- ST: Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern)
This won’t fulfil Fernandes’ objectives this season but it’s certainly a step in the right direction.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is signing better players and improving the side bit by bit.
Another influential addition like Fernandes in defence would be massive!