Erik ten Hag declined to comment on Manchester United’s internal investigation process into Mason Greenwood.
Today saw Erik ten Hag address the media for the first time since Greater Manchester Police announced that criminal proceedings against Mason Greenwood had been discontinued. All of the allegations made against the the 21-year-old have now been dropped as a result.
In a statement on Thursday, Manchester United said they would conduct an internal investigation to determine the next steps. Greenwood will not train with the first-team squad while the process is ongoing.
The statement read: “Manchester United notes the decision of the Crown Prosecution Service that all charges against Mason Greenwood have been dropped.
“The club will now conduct its own process before determining next steps. We will not make any further comment until that process is complete.”
Greenwood also released a statement later in the day to say he was ‘relived’ that the charges had been dropped.
However, when journalists asked Ten Hag for his verdict on the situation, they were told he would not adding any comments to the statement released by the club. They pushed him with a second question and got a similar response.
“No. Nothing. I can’t add nothing, I refer to the statement of the club.
“As I said, in this moment, I can’t give comment about the process. I can’t say anything about it, I refer to the statement of the club and at this moment I can’t add anything.”
More updates on the United’s ongoing Greenwood investigation when we have them.