Shocking news has emerged that Victor Lindelof’s home was broken into while the centre-back was in action for Manchester United in December.
The Reds were playing Norwich City when the terrifying incident occurred.
Thankfully none of Lindelof’s family members were physically hurt but that doesn’t change the fact it was a terrible experience for the defender’s wife Maja Nilsson Lindelof and their 3-year-old son.
Post by Victor Lindelof's wife. Family had a dreadful time last month with episode at Norwich, baby going into hospital and Lindelof getting Covid. Hopefully the police catch these scumbags pic.twitter.com/MXyl1tfksa
— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) January 21, 2022
Lindelof’s baby had to go into hospital and the United star tested positive for COVID-19. Then, having their house broken into, matters somehow got worse.
Ralf Rangnick addressed the incident at his press conference, as per MEN, saying: “I spoke with him at length on our flight back home from London and also this morning. We spoke for 20 or 25 minutes, he told me what actually happened, that this was a traumatic event, especially for his wife and three year old son.
“He said to me right now he needs to stay at home, he doesn’t want to leave his wife and family on their own, which I can fully understand, being a father of two children myself. We agreed he will not be on duty tomorrow for the game.”
We can only hope that the police catch those responsible for these actions. Nobody was hurt physically, but you can be sure this won’t be forgotten about anytime soon.
It’s terrible that people can’t feel safe in their home.