Menu

Exclusive: Man United set to withdraw from European Super League

It’s all falling apart for Florentino Perez, the Glazer family, Ed Woodward and every other ‘Big 6’ footballing executive.

Sunday evening brought with it the awful news that six of England’s biggest clubs were in the process of forming a pioneering ‘Super League’.

Reaction to the news has been unprecedented with several high profile figures, alongside fans, strongly condemning the proposals.

In what has transpired to be an extremely worrying start to the week, good news finally appears to be on the horizon.

We can exclusively reveal that the latest in Spain is that Atletico Madrid has withdrawn from any proposal to form an ESL.

In addition to Madrid – in England, Manchester United are also preparing to withdraw.

In what has been a PR nightmare, in response to the club’s plans – several high profile members of the Red Devils’ first-team revolted, with Luke Shaw and captain Harry Maguire the most vocal.

We understand that the players took their concerns to the top of the club’s hierarchy and informed Woodward they were extremely unhappy with the plans.

Our source has revealed that the club is expected to make an official announcement within the next 48 hours or so.

We have contacted Manchester United for comment, at the time of writing, they have so far declined to comment.

Read more: Editorial: Solskjaer caught blindsided by greedy Glazers who disgrace Manchester United

More Stories Manchester United

2 responses to “Exclusive: Man United set to withdraw from European Super League”

  1. Matt Smyth says:

    Obviously it went better then we could of hoped Woodward has resigned. Now hopefully the American twats will follow suit

  2. Binga Williams Aondoaseer says:

    We don’t need the so called European super league