Menu

Borussia Dortmund not planning to sell Erling Haaland

Borussia Dortmund director Sebastian Kehl said on Sunday that his side are not making plans to sell Erling Haaland this summer.

Haaland has been linked with a move away in the summer with agent Mino Raiola and the player’s father Alfie-Inge Haaland pictured in Spain as they reportedly held talks with Barcelona and Real Madrid, as per The Irish Times.

Manchester United, City and Chelsea are also said to be in the hunt for the 20-year-old Norwegian goalscorer, who previously played under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Molde.

United’s interest has been reported by The Express, but it is difficult seeing United pay the money that will be required for the striker’s signature.

Speaking to Sky in Germany, Kehl said (via Eurosport): “Our position and the contractual situation are clear. We are planning with Erling, we need him to achieve our goals. We have made that clear.”

BVB stuck to their word last summer when they said Jadon Sancho would be staying, so we have reason to believe them this time around.

But are they going to keep both Haaland and Sancho happy if Dortmund drop out of the Champions League places?

Time will tell but it could be squeaky bum time for Dortmund.

Read more: Bookies see Manchester United as favourites to win Europa League

More Stories Borussia Dortmund Erling Haaland Manchester United

Comments are closed.