Menu

Solskjaer: Edinson Cavani ready to play after FA ban

It was inevitable that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be asked about Edinson Cavani returning after his FA ban to face Burnley.

Manchester United have two huge Premier League meetings this week.

First up, a trip to Turf Moor.

Burnley sit sixteenth in the Premier League with a -11 goal difference. The last player they want to see on Tuesday night is Edinson Cavani, hungry to get his name back on the scoresheet after being suspended for the past three matches.

“Edinson has trained well when he’s been banned,” Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the press, as per the Manchester Evening News. “He’s had a couple of days off. He is ready to go. He gives us a different option. I’m glad to have him back, that’s why we brought him in. He’s contributed so far. He’ll be really important for us until the end of the season.”

Mason Greenwood got a start in Sunday’s 1-0 FA Cup win over Watford but struggled to make an impact. The youngster hasn’t played a lot of football this season and needs more minutes on the pitch.

That won’t come this weekend, though. We expect Solskjaer will want to get Cavani back in the starting line-up because he hasn’t been injured and needs minutes before travelling to Anfield at the weekend.

A 60-minute cameo should be enough.

Read more: Burnley manager Sean Dyche: Nobody doubted United

More Stories Edinson Cavani Manchester United Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

One response to “Solskjaer: Edinson Cavani ready to play after FA ban”

  1. Stephen John Kershaw says:

    Great to see CAVANi back after his ban,Burnley will be hard to break down” and he gives us that option down the middle.We need to start well and build on last sesons result and get more than 2 goals,and to get in the right mood for Anfield,Burnley are a handy team at home,but I think we will get through with a win then its on to Sunday and our biggest game of the season !