Manchester United’s number-one target Jadon Sancho is reportedly pushing for a move away from current club Borussia Dortmund which could prompt the Bundesliga side to lower their initial £108m asking fee for the talented winger.
Sancho, 20, became the Reds’ number-one summer transfer target after enjoying a hugely impressive breakthrough campaign last season after being directly involved in 40 goals in just 44 appearances in all competitions.
Despite pursuing the English attacker for over three months, a move to Old Trafford has so far failed to materialise and with just four days in this summer’s transfer window, saying the Reds’ are leaving it late is an understatement.
According to a recent report from The Scottish Sun, Dortmund are reportedly resigned to losing their star-winger before deadline day (Oct 5) despite the club’s relentless public confidence.
The report claims that a close source has said: “He wants this deal done.
“He’s told his agent and various advisors to do all they can to make it happen.
“They are pushing for him.”
The report goes onto claim that in-light of Sancho’s demands to join United, Dortmund have been forced to lower their transfer fee demands from £108m to around £95m.
According to another unnamed source in The Sun’s report, behind-the-scenes negotiations are still going on in a desperate attempt to strike a deal before next Monday’s deadline day, the source said: “There’s a bit of a stand off going on… it’s a case of who blinks first.
“Will United up the offer or will Dortmund accept a lower bid?
“The Red Devils are considering making a final bid for the young star on Wednesday in the hope of forcing the deal across the line.”