Our friends at kickoff.co.uk have put together ten statistics ahead of Manchester United’s trip to Villa Park on Friday night.
1. Manchester United are unbeaten in their last four Premier League games and have won 11 of the last 20 matches overall.
2. In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, United have won 4, drawn 7 and lost 9 of these matches.
3. United have a great record at Villa Park, unbeaten in their last 19 Premier League trips, last losing there in August 1995.
4. United have kept a clean sheet in 25% of their last 20 away games.
5. The Reds also lead the overall wins with 32, drawing 11 times and losing to Aston Villa on just three occasions.
6. 8 of the last 10 of these Premier League meetings overall have seen at least three goals being scored.
7. In their last 20 away matches, United have scored 1.1 goals per game and conceded 1.1 goals per game on average.
8. Wayne Rooney loves scoring against Aston Villa, doing so 12 times before with 10 of these coming as braces in five separate games.
9. In their last 20 away games, 7 of the 22 goals scored by Man United have come from forwards, 14 from midfielders although none have come from defenders.
10. In their last 20 away games, 77% of the 22 goals scored by Man United have come in open play, whilst 18% have come from set-pieces.